Enterprise Resource Planning
Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP is an industry term for integrated, multi-module application software packages that are designed to serve and support multiple business functions. ERP provides the backbone for an enterprise-wide information system.
Evolving out of the manufacturing industry, ERP implies the use of packaged software rather than proprietary software written by or for one customer.
At the core of this enterprise software is a central database which draws data from and feeds data into modular applications that operate on a common computing platform, thus standardizing business processes and data definitions into a unified environment.
By becoming the integrated information solution across the entire organization, ERP systems allow companies to better understand their business.
With ERP companies can standardize business processes and more easily enact best practices.
By creating more efficient processes, companies can concentrate their efforts on serving their customers and maximizing profit.
The top ERP vendors, SAP, Oracle Corporation, Peoplesoft, Inc. (now Oracle Corp.), JD Edwards (now Oracle Corp.) and Baan International, account for major ERP market share. These vendors continue to play a major role in shaping the landscape of new target markets, with expanded product functionality, and higher penetration rates.
Oracle E- Business Suite
Oracle E-Business Suite provides complete and integrated set of enterprise applications, working together seamlessly to streamline every area of your business—from sales, service, and marketing, through financials and human resources, to supply chain and manufacturing.
Oracle E-Business Suite is your fastest path to high-quality enterprise intelligence, bringing your company a true 360-degree view of your finances, your customers, and your supply chains, so you can make faster, better decisions and grow profitability in a competitive marketplace.
Advantages of Oracle E-Business Suite
Oracle ERP Suite is based on Oracle Apps framework. What that essentially means to the customers is that no matter which component of the suite you buy, you get the same look and feel.
- Process Automation with Enterprise Integration - The Oracle E-Business Suite provides comprehensive automation across your enterprise because all the applications comprising the suite are engineered to work together.
- Complete Automation - If you automate sales, but not marketing, you will never know how effective your marketing is. If you automate sales, but not financials, you'll never know how many customers you sold to actually got invoiced. Because you don't know, you don't ask. If you don't ask, your business never gets more efficient. Without improved efficiency your business never spends less capital. Oracle E-Business Suite provides end-to-end transactional automation that gives you more for less.
- Functionally Complete - The Oracle E-Business Suite integrates your business, capturing the information needed to provide a complete view of what’s going on in your business. Oracle’s suite is functionally complete with over 100 integrated product modules for every aspect of your business, including customer relationship management, finance, human resources, professional services automation, supply chain management, enterprise asset management, and project management.
- Complete for Targeted Industries - The unique requirements of many targeted industries are included with the Oracle E-Business Suite. Oracle's complete offering meets the needs of: aerospace and defense, high tech, consumer packaged goods, automotive, pharmaceuticals, public sector, and many more industries.
- Complete, Global Business Offering - The Oracle E-Business Suite is also globally comprehensive, supporting 30 languages, all character sets, unique global business practices, and local statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Oracle's Open, Modular System for Easier Integration - Many customers have implemented the E-Business Suite with zero customizations. All of Oracle's applications are engineered to work together, so you can significantly reduce your IT expenses by eliminating the need for software interfacing, data translation, and integration. If you implement one or several modules of the E-Business Suite, Oracle makes integration with your legacy and third-party applications easier.
- Complete Information with A Single Database - With other software vendors, you can spend millions of dollars on application software and still not have the information you need to run your business. Why? Information is spread throughout a company -- financials data is in one database, HR data in another, and so forth. This fragmented data makes it difficult and expensive to collaborate and access information across geographies and business processes.
- Single, Complete Data Model Provides Better Information at a Lower Cost - Oracle's E-Business Suite is the first and only complete set of applications for the enterprise that are integrated around a single, comprehensive data model. Oracle provides a single definition of your customers, suppliers, employees, products -- all aspects of your business.